Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree program provides a strong technical background for students planning to begin their journey in the challenging field of Computer Science. Degree requirements include courses such as:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Computer Communication Networks
- Software Engineering
- Computer Architecture
- Natural Sciences
The program features a rigorous academic foundation that is complemented by realistic programming assignments. Emphasis is placed on developing both the technical and design skills necessary to begin and enhance an individual’s career. After completing this program, students are fully prepared for immediate employment in the computer industry and many other businesses that rely on Computer Science.
During the course, BS Computer Science students are taught to:
- Analyze a problem and design the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet objectives.
- Discuss the impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society, including ethical, legal, security, and global policy issues.
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice that supports the recognized need for continual professional development.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems.
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills expected of a computer science professional.